If you’re opening up on a very personal topic, you might want to avoid trolls & turn off the comments altogether. Let me guide you through the steps you need to take in order to disable the comments on a specific post.
If you’re blogging on blogger.com you should:
- Login to your Blogger account and go to your Blogger dashboard
- Go to POSTS and select a post that you wish to disable or enable comments and click edit
- Now you will have your post editor opened.
- In the right sidebar, you will see post settings options.
- Now click on options and you will see comment settings for that post.
- Select the suitable option and click done!
If you’re using a self-hosted WordPress, here’s how you can disable your comments:
- Login to your WordPress dashboard
- Go to POSTS
- Click on the post you want to edit
- On the post editor screen click on the screen options button on the upper right corner
- This will open a fly down menu where you need to check the box next to Discussion
- Now, scroll down and you will find a Discussion meta box on the post editor screen. This meta box allows you to selectively enable or disable comments.
Here we go! That wasn’t that hard, huh? 🙂